Cpap Machine Reviews
Choose a Manufacturer.
Fisher and Paykel
The use of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure aka CPAP for the treatment of Sleep Apnea began in 1981.
CPAP Therapy keeps the airway open during sleep and it has been proven to prevent and effectively treat Sleep Apnea in users.
Each CPAP user has a peculiar view about their CPAP Machine and the way their body systems adapt to it. This cpap machine review is based on the response of users to the use of CPAP Machines.
The choice to use a CPAP Machine for Sleep Apnea treatment follows regulated steps and can only be prescribed by a Medical Professional after diagnosis.
Picking the right CPAP Machine should not be left to chance. There are certain basic features that modern CPAP machines should have. These features makes the best CPAP Machines stand out.
You would do well to understand these basic requirements and purchase a CPAP Machine that would serve your specific need.
What to Look for When Purchasing a CPAP Machine
- Quiet Operation: No CPAP Machine is 100% quiet. Recent models from ResMed and Respironics like the ResMed S9 series have reduced noise levels. If snoring sound can drive your partner nuts, what do you think a noisy CPAP Machine beside your bed would do? A quiet Cpap Machine is the key to a complete and fulfilling therapy.
- Climate Control: Climate Control is the rave of the moment. This feature makes the Machine adapt its output with environmental or climatic changes. This is handy if you travel a lot as this will help keep the temperature of the air that you breathe steady despite any changes in the weather.
- Has Humidifier: Not all CPAP machines are compatible or work with humidifiers (A device that eliminates dry air by supplying moist air), but if you need to control the dryness or moist of the air delivered to you, you will need a humidifier.
- Auto Adjustment: This feature makes your CPAP Machine auto adjust or preserve your prescribed settings despite climatic or environmental changes. This saves you the stress of having to often check and reset your Machine to your preferred settings.
- Portability: Being on Cpap Therapy should not bring your life to a standstill. Whether you are travelling or going on a camping trip, there are machines built to fit into laptop bag and can be carried on a commercial flight.
- Intuitive Design: Your CPAP Machine should be easy to use. Look for a machine with an intuitive interface, push buttons and user friendly LED display, that makes customizing your prescribed settings a simple task.
- Data Recording and Storage Capability: Why should you buy CPAP Machine that lacks the capacity to store or record your sleep history on a Data Card? Your machine should at least be able to store up to a year’s worth of data. Your Sleep History and CPAP usage data is critical to your CPAP therapy as this helps your therapist understand and access any improvements or issues with your therapy.
- Comfortable Mask: Some CPAP users complain of discomfort and scarred faces from the use a CPAP mask. Not all CPAP Machines come with a good cpap mask. Yes, you can purchase a new mask but this will cost you extra funds.
What Kind of CPAP Machine is best for me?
Looking at all the features listed above, it might look like a herculean task to select the right kind of CPAP Machine.
So let’s help you.
Here is a list 4 CPAP machines that have a minimum of 3 of the features listed above. As at the time of this writing these are the top crops.
- ResMed S9 Elite™ CPAP w/ H5i™ Heated Humidifier
- Respironics System One REMstar Auto CPAP w/ Humidifier
- Respironics System One REMstar Plus CPAP w/ Humidifier
- Respironics System One REMstar Pro CPAP w/ Humidifier
If you need to compare other CPAP Machines side by side, you can compare Cpap Machines here.
Looking for more reviews? We have them on the left side of this page. Don’t forget to ask your questions on our Cpap Machine reviews or send us a mail, if you need help.